Kittens Ltd.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skurka - Paladin

2 posters

Go down

Skurka - Paladin Empty Skurka - Paladin

Post by Skurka Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Player info
Names: Rickard Lundquist. My IGN is Skurka

Character information
Battlenet ID: Lunden#1907
Class: Paladin
Spec (MS/OS): Retribution/Protection. I'm thinking about switching to holy, I haven't really got good enough gear for my OS to be an asset.
Professions: Jewelcrafting and Mining. I decided between Enchanting or Jewelcrafting to support my PvE progression. I ended up picking Jewelcrafting because it seemed like it would be useful more often.
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwhisper/Skurka/simple
Equipped ILVL: 644
Wowprogress link: http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/frostwhisper/Skurka
Alts: Level 100 Priest with 639 item level, Discipline/Shadow.

Introduction
Okey with player and character info out of the way I would like to say something about why I am applying to your guild as well as mentioning something about my history in WoW.

I started playing the same day WoW was released. I originally played a Shaman but later on switched to Mage in order to enjoy the DPS side of the game. On my Shaman I joined Nihilum and was with them for a lot of important points in my WoW career such as C’thun world first. Later on the hectic raid schedule made to switch to mage and start playing in a more casual capacity. But I did learn a lot about how to organize raids in a very professional way as well as how to analyze wipes and mechanics. We progressed the hard way by slamming our fists into unknown content to see what worked and what didn’t.

Just after the release of Black Temple I sold my account and vowed to never return. Which I of course did for WotLK since it seemed promising and some friends started playing again as well. We played very casually and I played on the paladin I’m applying with now. After that I took a break during Cataclysm and MoP since to be perfectly honest, MoP seemed like a super shitty expansion and I hate the pandas. Sorry but I just do!

I recently started playing again after being persuaded by two friends (on Sunstrider) that this was a great expansion pack, and I agree at least in big parts with that sentiment. I’ve currently done HM normal a couple of times and HM heroic one time as raidleader in PuGs via the raidfinder. I’ve been really unlucky with /rolls in my opinion, and only gotten 1 item from the ordeal. Im super tired of playing with PuGs and I’m currently looking to play in a more serious manner just because I really, really want to get back into raiding but I hate the hassle of organizing PuGs and then never getting anything out of it.

With that said, I realize my gear is perhaps a bit lackluster. I got the PvP gear parts because it has great/the best secondary stats for PvE (ironically better than some of the gear dropped in HM). And like I said, I’ve been super unlucky with rolls. I hope you can see past that part and instead see a potentially great addition to your raiding roster! Now, on to some more info Smile

Do you want to join as a social member or a raider?
Raider

Raider Info
We are currently raiding 3 times a week, Wednesday, Thursdays and Mondays from 20.00 to 23.00. How many of those raids are you able to attend?
Usually all of them.

If you are not able to attend all raids, what is holding you back?
I sometime go out on Thursdays, although it doesn’t happen too often I wanted to give a heads up that it might happen sometime.

Some weeks we might throw in an extra raid on tuesday for a clear or an important killl, how do you feel about this?
Tuesdays works great for me so that wouldn’t be a problem at all.

Since we will be focused on Mythic raiding, we will strive to have a raidcore consisting of 23-25 players, this will mean people will have to sit out encounters. Are you able to understand and accept this fact?
Of course.

During progress we will in most cases go with the group that has the biggest chance of killing the boss, this could possibly mean that you are sat out for certain progression fights. What would be your reaction?
Would probably go out and meet some friends or study. It is to be expected if you want to progress so I wouldn’t be surprised by it.

What is your reaction if we fail to get a raid group going on a raid day?
Same as above. After all it is just a game and perhaps it was just a bad day, or if we lack a big enough raiding core I would suggest we start looking for more raiders.

What do you feel about wiping. Please describe why you feel like that?

Wiping is an integral part of the game, and to be honest I kinda like it. Not the wiping per se, but the fact that without the wipes the kills wouldn’t elicit a feeling of achievement or joy. Wipes are necessary sometime if we want to progress and I obviously don’t have a problem with that. If I did I wouldn’t apply. Wink

Are you able to use Teamspeak 3?
Yes, I have a mic and TS3 installed already. I can be pretty vocal but also knows when to shut up during raids.

Link a screenshot of your raiding UI:
Skurka - Paladin SY4JOvx
I am currently in the works of rebuilding it. The WeakAuras in the center are not yet 100% complete and the Action Bars at top are usually hidden. Player/target frames will be moved around depending on how the WeakAuras turn out, but you get the gist of it. Smile

The center WeakAura icon shows suggested action to use next programmed in accordance with the most up to date Paladin Ret rotation. The bars to the right show CDs of the 4 HP generating abilities. The bars to the left show uptime of buffs such as Avenging Wrath and bubble. This enables me to get a perfect rotation with the least possible struggle. I am currently looking into how to account for the GCD so I can finetune it and get a perfect rotation in all situations (taking temporary buffs such as Timewarp into account).

Social Info
How did you hear about us and why do you want to join Kittens Ltd.?
I found out about you through the official WoW forums.

Do you know anyone currently playing within our guild? if so, who? Do they recommend you?
No I don’t know anyone Sad

What do you feel you can contribute to the guild as a player and as a person?
I have experience of raiding in a top tier PvE guild and I know how demanding it can be. Even though it is "easier" to progress now since there is a PTR and you know the encounter in advance, the mechanics have become more and more complicated. This requires us to adjust strategies to fit our raiding team, both after ability as well as composition. If needed I can help analyzing our strengths and weaknesses. Other than that I always look up strategies and hang out on certain PvE forums. I have a great feeling of the game and know how to move out of green acid pools of "this will fuck you up", which people still seem to be struggling with in PuGs. I always give it my best shot and realize that it is sometimes useful to press on with an obvious wipe just to get a better feel for the mechanic.

What are you like as a person?
Easy, outgoing and I would like to believe I'm a nice guy Smile

Would you say you are easily offended?
Not at all!

Guild history
Previous guild(s) and what positon were you in:
Zoljin – Shaman – Nihilum. Played during vanilla first on Burning Legion then transferred to Magtheridon. Belonged to the raiding core but wasn’t class leader.

Nerothos – Mage – Ace of Spades. Played with a Swedish guild during TBC in a more casual capacity. I was Mage class leader.

Why did you get kicked/leave/want to leave?
I left Nihilum due to me not having enough time to play in a guild with such a demanding raid schedule. We could sometimes raid 5 days straight and due to school wrapping up (I was in high school during the time) I had to study more. I left Ace of Spades due to me getting tired of the game and feeling like I should move on to different things.

Wich expansion did you enjoy the most, and why?
Wrath of the Lich King. Loved the epic storyline, the encounters and Northrend as well!

Fun facts!
Name your 3 best songs and artist, right now:
Sometimes - Alle Farben and someone else that I cant remember
The Nights - Avicii
Help me Lose My Mind - Disclosure

Other games you play:
Path of Exile
Natural Selection 1&2
Counter Strike
Age of Empires: Conquerors Expansion (LANing with friends)

Tell us about yourself:
I currently study law at Uppsala University in Sweden. I’m currently on my last semester and I have a lot of possibilities to organize my time as I see fit. Apart from WoW I enjoy spending time with my friends, hanging out at Stockholms Nation in Uppsala (club/restaurant/café etc. run by students) and working out.

If i did this template i would add the following question:
It seems to cover most of it. Format it a bit better perhaps?

Best youtube video and/or best picture on the internet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLSRMoKKS0

And finally, post your favorite lolcat!:
https://i.imgur.com/h4Pgt.jpg
Skurka
Skurka

Antal inlägg : 12
Registreringsdatum : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Skurka - Paladin Empty Re: Skurka - Paladin

Post by Uhaskitten Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:12 am

Hello Rickard!

Thank you for applying to the guild! Nicely written application.
We officer will have a discussion about your application and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Hopefully we can do the talk after tonights raid. But we shall see.

Kind regards
Shehaskitten
Uhaskitten
Uhaskitten
Officer Bro
Officer Bro

Antal inlägg : 510
Registreringsdatum : 2013-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Uhaskitten Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello again Rickard.

hmm.... i can't seem to find your armory link. Can't find a paladin really with the name Skurka either. And the link you posted to wowprogress claims the ilvl is 634, not 644 as you said.
Please supply a valid link to your characted.

Kind Regards
Shehaskitten
Uhaskitten
Uhaskitten
Officer Bro
Officer Bro

Back to top Go down

Post by Skurka Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Uhaskitten wrote:Hello again Rickard.

hmm.... i can't seem to find your armory link. Can't find a paladin really with the name Skurka either. And the link you posted to wowprogress claims the ilvl is 634, not 644 as you said.
Please supply a valid link to your characted.

Kind Regards
Shehaskitten

Sorry, initiated a character transfer last night. My character i snow on Sunstrider but my name was taken so it is now Sekreteraren instead.

The new armory link is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sunstrider/Sekreteraren/simple

WoWProgress hasn't updated since transfer. But my Item Level is shown on the Armory link and is 645 with the PvP weapon and some point higher with the Heroic Weapon I've got.

Sorry for the confusion caused, I hope this fixes it!

Edit: The UI isn't up to date as well really, fixed a new one that is semi-finished before transferring. You can find a link to the new UI here: https://i.imgur.com/TVszlb1.jpg

Went for a more minimalistic look with smaller CLCRet Icon - will prob remove the 2nd CLCRet Icon. It's a work in progress, but yeah, I kind of love streamlining and tinkering with my UI Wink
Skurka
Skurka

Antal inlägg : 12
Registreringsdatum : 2015-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Uhaskitten Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:12 am

Aha i see... That explains why the character was not found. Thought it was weird. Thank you for the reply though Smile.

Anyway. We would like to welcome you to the guild. You are free to whisper any officer ingame for a guildinvite (Chane, Crowz, Shehaskitten, Ihasdogg) If none of theese characters are online feel free to whisper anyone online and they can direct you to the closest officer (usually anyone called something with kitten/dogg is either mine or Ihas alt). With this post you should also have the necessary forum access.

Kind Regards
Shehaskitten
Uhaskitten
Uhaskitten
Officer Bro
Officer Bro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content