Kittens Ltd.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death KNight - Social/WoD raider

2 posters

Go down

Death KNight - Social/WoD raider Empty Death KNight - Social/WoD raider

Post by Lichbone Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Player info
Name: Kjell – Lichbone/Lichbaner /Lichlight
Where do you live/from: Norway

Name your 3 best song and artist right now:

This can be a complicated question, because the 3 best songs might not be the 3 best artists:

Songs:
Once upon a time – Lana del ray (Malificent)
Thomas Bergersen – Heart of Courage
When a fire starts to burn - Disclosure

Artists:
Åge Alexsandersen
Armin Van Bauuren
Thomas Bergersen

Character Information:
My main (or the one I have played the most) is Lichbone, and I will be using this character in this application.
Battlenet ID: Lichbone#1655
Class: Death Knight
Spec (MS/OS) why did you take this spec?
Currently my spec is 1H Frost (MS) and Blood (OS).
I primarily enjoy DPS more than tanking. Frost is a proc-based play style while unholy is a strait forward rotation spec (or so I feel). Last time I were needed in a raid we needed the buffs that frost provided (Firelands), and I have stayed frost ever since. I would like to go over to unholy in the near future, this is because I enjoy playing unholy more than frost and it is not as much “stress full” as frost can be at times (Damn it! wrong ability on that proc) – Why? When killing machine procs (100% critt on Obliterate or Froststrike) you should always prioritize Obliterate that does more damage. My OS is Blood because this gives me the shortest HC Dungeon que, to get fastest valor cap of the week.

I choose to go 1H Frost because that is the best weapon I have atm. Sim spec says that DW is better, but this is a FFxFS spec while 1H is a OB>FS on KM. The DW rotation is different and "new", and because of this I do not have any experience with this spec/rotation.

What professions do you have, and why?
Enchanting and Jewlcrafting
Enchanting gives +320 strength and so do Jewlcrafting, but I do know that Engineering gives more strength however I never really liked Engineering (what is, in theory, best might not be best for you), and what it can make other than that enchant (Yes I am lazy). I have had Enchant and JC since WoTLK and have never changed it since, and so I like what they do and can make (not to bad a money making neither).

Armory link: Lichbone
Equipped ilvl: 537

Alts, usefull? How?
Lichlight (Paladin) and Lichbaner (Warrior) is my “main” alts. Lichlight were my first character ever made (spring of 2008) and have played him ever since. I swaped main after New Year of 2009 (more on this later) to Bonelich (then called Lichbone). Lichlight is a Holy paladin with retribution as OS, my last guild needed a healer and I offered my alt as an option in case it were more DPSers than healers.  I never liked Paladin tanking so here I have retribution as OS.
Camilikan was made in cataclysm when I wanted to try Fury (awesome to DW 2h) and need an alchemist. After I restarted wow a month ago, I chose to get this to 90 and I liked playing fury so much that it is now my best geared Character. The OS on this character is Armes as a pure DPS character.

I have other alts across several other servers to; Talnivarr (7), Argent Dawn (5) and Sylvanas (4)being the top 3 populated by me here. In all I have 5 level 90s (DK, Paladin, Warrior, Shaman(r/e) and Druid(R))
Note: Camilikan and Bonelich are at the exact same point in the legendary quest chain (3000 valor).

Do you want to join as a social member or a MoP-raider or WoD raider?
This is an application for a social member status, but if my living conditions change I would love to join as a WoD raider.

I am applying for a social spot because this is best for my current living status, as I am playing from a laptop with a little unstable internet plus I am a Student. I believe that having a good computer to play from with a stable internet is crucial to be able to raid hard-core-end-game content. That being sad I will answer all the questions (and more if needed) in this application but will make the raiding questions a little shorter than I would normally do.

Raiding Times:
I currently have dancing (swing) classes on Monday night, so this is not a good raiding night for me (currently, nearing the end of the class). I briefly mentioned I am a student which meant when Exams are close I cannot raid at all any day up close to the exams (14mai and 2. June). Exams are usually in late November/December and late Mai/June.
Tuesday Raiding?
I would be honored to be invited to such an event!
10man Guild:
My guild experience is with 25Man raiding, but I have nothing against a 10man raiding guild. I'm applying to this guild in specific because I know someone in your guild.
Root out the 13core and sitting out.
Been the done that, both as a raider and officer (on this later). I think this is one of the few ways to get a steady progression going.
Progression fights and kills, what I would feel about sitting out?
My first reaction would be along the line of: Why the fuck me? My second reaction would be a more; I guess I need to prove myself to be the best choice then. If I was a raider and this continued to happen on several bosses without a clear answer, or the option of proving that I am the right choice, I would not stay long in the guild.
Failed group.
What now then? Then I would go on an alt or watch a movie/TV show, or farm some money.
A wipe:
1. FUCK!
2. Did I do something wrong? Here I would analyse the fight in my head and see if it was anything that I did wrong, and/or what I could do different.
3. If I were the reason for the wipe, I would take the blame for my mistake and if I continued to fail; I would offer my spot to someone else.
4. Make sure that the next try would be perfect.

Teamspeak:
Working headset and mic. –Steelhead

Social Membership:
How did you hear about us and why do you want to join Kittens ltd.?
I know about kittens through Cable the Machine, we were in the same guild together. And I was the one to get Cable to start up WoW again. To be honest; I am a bit bored being all over the place and not have one place in specific to be. 1 month ago I got “headhunted” by a former raiding buddy, but that dident pan out – He left, removed me form Real ID, and not responding on any form of communications for any of the drafted players.

Do you know anyone currently playing within our guild? Who?
Cable the MACHINE

What can you contribute to the Guild?
With my 3 characters I can contribute with mats, enchants, potions, elixirs and flasks. Other than the physical contributions, I can contribute in support of any assistant that I can, my opinions are strong and I can argue well for myself. When I make my point I try my best to give it as clear as possible and with dedication and determination.

Would you say you are easily offended?
I am not easily offended, but if you start attacking me as a person and makes it personal, than you take it too far. If so I will answer in same kind – If you act like an ass to me, I act like an ass to you.
- Shut up cable

WoD-Raider (possible future):
What class in WoD:
Right now, I enjoy playing as a Fury, but if I know myself, I would most likely get my Death Knight up first. Currently I am reading the class changes for WoD and like Warrior more than Death Knight (at the moment). But I don’t have much experience as a warrior, so I prefer death knight (any DPS spec). My Paladin would be my third option.

Preferred role:
MDPS or Healer (if needed – Paladin or Shaman (could go RDPS with this)). I do not like tanking as much, and I do have experience with this (DK – more on this later).

Level 90 boost for the benefit of the guild.
If I still had it, yes. I used this on my druid. This is a restoration druid with skinning and LW. I did however not enjoy playing as a restoration druid, or I need more experience playing this. However; I have planned to use on more boost on a Prist (Holy/shadow) on Moonglade, but honestly; with my 5 available level 90 characters I do not see why you would want me to do this.

Raid nights:
I believe I already answered this above.
Mythicraiding:
As mentioned above, I have no problems with sitting out progression kills.

Guild History/WoW history:
Previous guilds and what position I had in these:
My first guild was my friend’s guild from tBC, but they did not focus on raiding in WoTLK as much as I wanted to. After new year of 2009 I applied in for my other friend’s raiding-guild, however I failed miserably in there trail run in a Dungeon to see my base line. Miserably is an understatement, it was tribal. As an unholy Death Knight, I spammed plague strike and frost fever and occasionally a bolt here and there… When I look back at this, I am in shame… and I will not go into how my geared looked like. Anyways, one of their Death Knight introduced me to elitistjerks.com, I started to realise how terrible I was doing. In my shame, I humbly apologized to my friends for such a fail trail, and restarted a new Death Knight: Lichbone. This time however, I was going to do everything right, and so I did. I exceled and learned fast. Not long after I hit level 80 I applied for an active raiding-guild, this time being awesome I came in right away. The name of this guild I do not remember, they were preparing for Ulduar. But when Ulduar came out, half of the guild did not come online and never did (exactly what happened I do not to this day know). It did not help that summer was about to start neither (not that I care if it is summer or not Razz). When fall hit, I was about to start on a new school. This was a private college (Folkehøgskule) where download were allowed after 22 local time, of course the raiding time was too 22:30, needless to say I did not last long in this guild. Next year I got kicked out of the military (medical and pacifistic reasons), and started working instead. At this time, my friends from college wanted me to come and play with them on Talnivarr. I had a different schedule than they had so I got a bit bored. After New Year of 2010, I applied to the guild “Defiance”. Now I had a time schedule that fit the raiding, I was warmed welcomed and had lots of fun in the first tier of Cataclysm. Not long after I joined (2 months or soo), a position as an melee officer opened up and the guild master asked me to apply. The result of this was a bit of lucky for me as I ended on second place but the “winner’s” PC broke down right after this – And so the position was given to me. When he came back we agreed that we would share this position instead of kicking me as an officer (Yes I am that Awsome).

Being Talnivarr, attendance and the lack of people became a bit of a problem when Firelands hit. We were 20-22 active people when it hit, and as a 25man raiding-guild, this presented a problem: Go hard-core 10man with 1 group or 2 equal groups. Our guild master decided to go with 1 hard-core group, but this ment leaving 10-12 people behind. I argued for having 2 groups and try and get a few more people inn and start going 25, one option that with ended up going with was change server or faction change – We settled with faction change. Firelands hit, but we were still lacking a few people. We went with 1 hard-core group the others stated to fall behind and eventually some left, the once that wanted to go hard-core vs the rest. A divide started and douchbags started their own guild drawing with them the best of our Guild and the rest of us was not enough to raid on our own. Not long after this Star Wars the Old Republic was released, some of us wanted to try it out (me being one of them). Here we started a Star Wars guild with Defiance, here we actually did rather good. During this time, I got some personal problems like; Computer fried twice by lightning, ended up on the hospital and changed work – In other words, Life happened.

When I got back after all this, the Star Wars server was dead with half of our guild gone. I visited WoW again and went all casual. Over next New Year I got Cable on to wow, but had a terrible fallout with one of the founders who wanted the guild to be with “his friend” and was like; Fuck everyone else. In my rage quite I stopped playing WoW.

I now started back up again with WoW as I had nothing to do on weeknights other than watching movies and TV-shows. One month ago I got "headhunted" by a former guild raider to join a guild that was going to aim for top 100 i in WOD, but yesterday he left and removed me from real-id...

Why did I leave?
Summary: Lack of raiding, Guild died, Raid-time did not fit, Rage quit.
What expansion did you enjoyed the most, and why?
The expansion I enjoyed the most was WoTLK. WoW was still new for me at this time: the introduction of Death Knights, The sub tone of Naxxramas, The beautiful Ulduar, Champions of the Arena and The might of the Citadel. I regrets are that I never got to run it all…
Progression vice I enjoyed Cataclysm and the parts of Firelands that we did make, that was very fun.

More about me:
I worked 2.5 year as a costumer agent for Cable Company in Norway, but this New Year it got closed down. After this I revisited the option of studies, and now I am preparing to get the basics. For next year I think that my living standard will be the same, but that I might have other studies, or I will fine tune my grades.
When it comes to smalltalk - I don’t, and I have heard that you should never mention religion or politics, but since you are asking, I consider myself to be an Athiest (not active) and democrat. For ports I follow only the best, so Champions league and e-Sports event (L.o.L. and Dota)

If I did this template, I would add the following question:
For raider applications:
Give us an image of your UI, both “out of combat” and in a raid situation (a clean UI can say a lot about a raider, and what addons that are being used (or not used))
Lolcat:
http://www.lolcats.com/featured/50222-your-kung-fu-is-good.html (I don’t like monks)

Edits:
New (correct) armory link

Last edited by Lichbone on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link)
Lichbone
Lichbone

Antal inlägg : 21
Registreringsdatum : 2014-06-01

Back to top Go down

Death KNight - Social/WoD raider Empty Re: Death KNight - Social/WoD raider

Post by Lichbone Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:31 am

Note:
This application was originally written during the easter holidays, but I chose not to post it then because I did not get a replay after asking for the possibility to join you. Shortly after I got "drafted" to a guild that wanted to go Hard-core in WoD (aim was top100). Because of this some of the dates, names and small details might be a bit off.
If you want me to change this I will.
Lichbone
Lichbone

Antal inlägg : 21
Registreringsdatum : 2014-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Uhaskitten Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:20 am

Hello Kjell!

First off, thank you for taking the time to apply to our guild!

Regarding the dates being wrong and whatnot... thats no problem. We still get the core of the application and that is the important part Smile.

Nicely written application especially like the part where you actually highlighted the question and made your reply "normal". Very Easy to read. (This is also how i intended the template but just copy paste does not give a crap about bold text and whatnot....). So cudos! Smile

Anyway we officers will have a talk about your application and we shall get back to you as fast as we can. As we currently have an officer out of town this might take alittle longer than normal, but hopefully we will get back to before the weekend.

Kind regards
Shehaskitten
(ps. don't mind the avatar ;D)
Uhaskitten
Uhaskitten
Officer Bro
Officer Bro

Antal inlägg : 510
Registreringsdatum : 2013-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Uhaskitten Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Hello again, sorry for the late reply... Swedish national day and whatnot didn't get time to write the replay with all that drinking.

Officers have had a talk about your application and we have come to the conclusion that we would like you in the guild for WoD. You are ofc free to join the guild now for the social aspect to get to know everyone and be there for any potential normal/flex/lfr people might be up too. We look forward to raiding with you in WoD.

So please whisper any of the officers ingame for an invite. (Ihasdogg, Shehaskitten, Chane, Crowz) if noone is online just whisper anyone as there might be alts online from one of us and we can send you the inv!

Again, sorry for the late response and welcome to the guild.

Kind Regards
Shehaskitten
Uhaskitten
Uhaskitten
Officer Bro
Officer Bro

Antal inlägg : 510
Registreringsdatum : 2013-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content